Real time face tracking and recognition refers to the task of locating human faces in a video stream and identifying the faces by matching them against the database of known faces. There are two novel techniques that are being tested in RTFTR:
- Study the effect of using two or more face extraction/recognition algorithms, in parallel, on overall accuracy of tracking/recognition task
- Use High Performance Distributed Computing ( using OpenMPI and OpenMP ) to achieve real time capability for tracking/recognition task
We are applying a modular approach to development of face recognition systems which allows users to form a custom processing pathway for the task of face extraction/recognition. A flexible 6 stage processing pathway is being used in RTFTR. Two stages are dedicated for the task of face extraction and recognition. RTFTR will have option to chose from a wide variety of sources (like a CCD camera, video sequence, images, etc).
We are implementing the following four algorithms (two for each face extraction/recognition task) :
We have completed the development of RTFTR version 0.1 (which was submitted to Dept. of ECE, IOE-Pulchowk Campus). We participated with RTFTR version 0.2 in OSCN-2009.
- Face Extraction
- Neural Network Based face Detection (rowleynn)
- AdaBoost Algorithm and Cascaded Detector (adaboost)
- Face Recognition
- Subspace Linear Discriminant Analysis (lda)
- Face Recognition using Gabor Wavelet Transform (kepenekci)
- May 11, 2012 - media coverage of OSCN - 2009: EU Article; Kantipur TV OSCN Grand Finale Coverage; TV Advertisement
- Dec. 18, 2010 - added demo videos in youtube and developers' photo
- Nov. 08, 2010 - added screenshots
- Jul. 06, 2010 - RTFTR has been downloaded 3,638 times from 83 countries. It is an amazing experience for RTFTR team to see these download statistics.
- Aug. 08, 2009 - we won the second prize during the grand finale of OSCN-2009. Some photos
- Jul. 16, 2009 - delivered presentation and demonstrated to OSCN-2009 evaluators. final presentation for OSCN-2009 on Aug. 08, 2009
- Jul. 14, 2009 - added FAQ page
- Jul. 01, 2009 - rtftr-0.2rc2 released(some bug fixes)
- Jun. 28, 2009 - rtftr-0.2rc1 released and submitted to OSCN-2009.
- Mar. 25, 2009 - Final year project presentation and demonstration in Dept. of Electronics and Computer Engineering, IOE-Pulchowk Campus, was completed.
- Mar. 08, 2009 - Mid term presentation ( slides pdf ) and demonstration of rtftr was done.
- Feb. 19, 2009 - RTFTR project registered for OSC - 2009 ( osc-2009 proposal )
- Aug. 08, 2008 - Project proposal was submitted
(Left to Right): Lakesh, Bibek, Anjan, Abhishek (Sep. 10, 2008)
Last Updated: May. 11, 2012